The documents we require depend on where you are from. Please read the list relevant to you.
Our International customers
- International driving license or permit.
- Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement or official letter stating your home address to identify your permanent address. Please make sure these are dated within the last 2 months.
- Credit or debit card required to pre-authorise your excess.
Our European customers
- Driving license
- Passport or national ID card
- Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement or official letter stating your home address to identify your permanent address. Please make sure these are dated within the last 2 months
- Credit or debit card required to pre-authorise your excess
Our UK customers
- Driver’s license.
- A DVLA code. This is obtained by going to www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence. Please bring this code with you or email it to us a few days in advance of the hire. We use this code to view your driving licence for endorsements.
- Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement or official letter stating your home address in order to identify your permanent address. Please make these are dated within the last 2 months.
Credit or debit card required to pre-authorise your excess.
We are based on the outskirts of Edinburgh, a 20-minute car journey from Edinburgh Airport.
Our motorhomes can only be collected and returned to our depot in EH20 Business Centre, 6 Dryden Road, Loanhead, EH20 9LZ
From Edinburgh Airport
If arriving by car or taxi, it is a 20 to 25-minute journey.
If traveling by public transport, we recommend allowing 1 ½ hours – 2 hours to arrive to our depot.
If you have booked a transfer with us, a member of our team will meet you outside the arrivals gate with a sign bearing your name.
From Edinburgh City Centre
If travelling by bus please allow 1 hours to arrive at our depot.
If you have booked a transfer with us, we will collect you from your hotel or stated address.
Our collection times are between 1:00pm and 4:00pm.
Our return times are between 9am and 11am. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer late returns. If your flight is before 11:30am, we would suggest returning the vehicle the day before and booking a hotel close to the airport.
From our experience, once you have landed, it will be almost impossible to arrive at our premises before 7:30pm.
This is due to the time it takes to clear customs, collect your luggage, navigate rush hour traffic and allow for potential delays.
From your arrival to leaving we recommend allowing 1 hour. When you arrive, we will go through your rental agreement, check your vehicle for damage together and then show you how everything works inside your motorhome.
From your arrival to leaving we recommend allowing 30 minutes. Upon your return, we will check your vehicle for damage and take a signature to close our agreement.
We would recommend that you pack light, layer your clothes for weather changes and bring insect repellent.
We provide a large range of crockery, cutlery and utensils together with kitchen towels and emergency equipment as standard. Below is a list of what’s included:
- Plates, bowls and cutlery
- Table mats
- Washing up liquid and sponge
- Metal sieve and grater
- Chopping board
- Pots and pans
- Kettle and cafetiere
- Mixed cooking utensils
- Bread, vegetable and pizza knives
- Gas igniter
- Bottle, tin opener and vegetable peeler
- Tea pot, milk jug and sugar funnel
- Cups, wine goblets and glasses
- Hand towels, dish towels, oven glove and mitt
You will have a flat screen TV with a DVD player. All of our vans are equipped with a USB port to charge your mobile phone or to play music.
We recommend bringing electrical equipment specific for travelling. This is because home electrical items are too powerful, they may trip the electrical circuit or possibly damage the van. We recommend low wattage specific items for travelling i.e. travel toaster, travel hairdryer and travel kettle. Electrical sockets inside your motorhome will only work when you are connected to an electrical hook up.
All our vehicles are set up to allow you to roam free, and get that little bit closer to nature.
You don’t need plug in power in a campsite to do so.
So, if you wish to discover more areas of Scotland’s breathtaking landscapes, the opportunity is available to do so without connecting to the campsites power.
We would recommend booking campsites in advance, especially during peak season which runs from June to August. This is especially important if you like to have the comfort of extra facilities. You can find a listing of all campsites in Scotland on the following web sites:-
Travel to Europe and The Republic of Ireland is not permitted in an Ariescape motorhome for insurance reasons. You can travel to mainland UK and the UK’s surrounding islands only.
Bike hire is available and we would be happy to discuss bike hire with you.
All of our motorhomes and motorhomes have a stove or hob with 2 gas rings and oven.
Anyone between the ages of 25-75 years old, who has held a driving license for a minimum of 2 years. Customers aged 70-75 have to be UK Residents and hold a clean driving licence. No special license is required to drive our vehicles as long as your driving licence is not a provisional one and contains the B class or equivalent (allowed to drive private passenger, commercial or any other vehicle with weight not exceeding 3,500 kg).
We provide roadside assistance and breakdown cover as standard. This includes support with a flat tyre. If you have any other queries regarding the vehicle or its habitation, please call our office or workshop and we will be happy to assist.
Yes, you can leave your car with us, and there is no charge for this. However, Ariescape does not take any responsibility for the vehicle or its contents, whilst it is parked at our premises.
At the moment, none of our motorhomes are dog-friendly.